Sunday, March 13, 2011

The First Venture

I have been wanting to start my own blog for a while and just have not done it until now. This being my first post, I will share more about who I am.
I am a wife and mother to 4 children ages 13, 11, 5 and 4. I homeschool my children and love every minute of having them with me all day long. I couldn't imagine my life with out my kids.  We are very active in our church. I am the choir director and I help out in other areas of my church as well. One of the biggest things on my heart is helping in the Food Pantry at my church. With having my kids with me, it is hard to go every week to work at the Food Pantry but I try to help in other ways. I am a big couponer and I use my knowledge of couponing to buy things for the Food Pantry. My most recent purchase for the food pantry was a 100 boxes of pasta. I paid 19.00 for 100 boxes! The 100 boxes helped to feed a lot of families. I love being able to buy for the food pantry. If more of us who use coupons would buy like that, we could feed a lot of people.

I just recently started a Produce co-op at my church. We currently have 27 families that are participating in the co-op. Myself and another lady from the church go once a month to a big wholesale farmer's market and we buy what we can get good deals on then divide it up among the families.  You should see the box of produce each family gets. It is a blessing to be able to help so many families save some money on food.

I also operated a Seasonal Children's Consignment Event twice a year. The sale has gotten bigger and bigger over the years. I just completed our Spring sale. This is our 5th year in business. It is amazing how far we have come in 5 years. Some day I may go into more of vision for my business.

What else is there to know about me? Not much else. For fun I love listening to classical  music and praise and worship. I love God! I couldn't imagine my life with out having Jesus. He is my anchor and my rock. He gives me peace that is unspeakable.
In my free time, I love to read, cook, watch movies. I love to experiment in the kitchen. I don't get to experiment as much as I use to but I find it relaxing to create new dishes.  Maybe I will share some of my creations sometimes!
I plan on using this blog just to express who I am and things that I find dear to my heart. I am sure over time you will learn more of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment