Sunday, March 20, 2011

Farmer's Market

I went to the farmer's market this weekend. It is always an experience when I go but I love the deals you get going down there. I had 15 families that signed up for this month's box of produce. The more people we have the more we can buy to split up among the families. This is what I got to split up among the families this month.


Leaf Lettuce
Tomatoes
Bananas
Grapes
Onions
Green Peppers
Yellow Squash
Kiwis
Clementine tangerines
Potatoes
Green Beans
Broccoli
Strawberries

Not a bad list of food if I do say so myself. :) The best part is 15 families got a great deal on food. there is no way you could have gone to a grocery store and bought what came in one share box for $20. Just to give you an idea of how much of each item each share box got, they got 4 heads of leaf lettuce, 2lbs of grapes, 10 tangerines, 5lbs of potatoes. It isn't a small box!!
Can't wait til next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment