Thursday, April 7, 2011

Saving game

I am addicted to coupons. I have been using coupons for about 3 years. Before I started using coupons, I would go to the grocery store and buy what was need for the next two weeks and if it happened to be on sale that particular day, yeah me. Then my husband lost his job and I had to find a way to cut expenses, so I started cutting coupons out of the Sunday paper. When I first started using coupons, I found I was actually buying things I didn't need just because I have a coupon. Then I stumbled on a coupon website called southernsavers.com and I read through all of her information and learned the best way to use coupons. It changed how I shopped and I started seeing my monthly grocery bill go down. In about 3 months time of using coupons the correct way, I saw my grocery bill go down to $50 a week!! That is $50 a week for 6 people and includes all my paper goods, cleaning supplies and tolietries!! I will never go back to paying full price for groceries again.
People ask me all the time, how I do it. They think I spend countless hours making my shopping list and getting coupons. That is so far from the truth! i spend approximately 2 to 3 hours a week working on my shopping list and getting the coupons together I need and I do it sitting on my couch watching TV at night with my husband. So really, for the amount of time I put in and the amount of money I save, it is soooo worth it!
This week I went to Publix and bought $130 worth of groceries for $48 bucks and this week I actually bought a couple things that weren't on sale because of my daughter's B-day.  I look at cereal and think wow did I actually use to pay $4 a box? I bought 4 boxes of cereal for $4 dollars this week!! We eat better now than we did before I used coupons. I also am able to help out my church's food pantry by buying things for cents and donating it to the pantry.
I love it! Check out www.Southernsavers.com if you want to learn what I do. If you live in the Bay area, I will be teaching a free coupon class showing people how to use coupons on April 30th. Send me a message if you are interested in learning more about the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment