Monday, April 11, 2011

Calgon take me away

I woke up this morning and laid in bed contemplating of whether or not I should hit the snooze button.  My first thought was to turn off the alarm and just go back to sleep but then I knew my daughters therapist was expecting us and if I didn't call and cancel the session I would be docked.  My brain worked overtime thinking of what excuse I could give to the therapist the next day for not showing up in hopes of her some how forgiving the no show. My car wouldn't start, the alarm didn't go off, the car broke down on the way in, but none of them seem good enough and I knew I couldn't lie! By this time I had laid awake for 15 minutes and I knew we would be late if I didn't get up and get the kids up and going soon. So after all that thought I finally dragged my body out of bed. 
This to me is a sure sign that I need a vacation and I need one soon! If I don't get away soon you may find me standing in the midst of screaming children saying "Calgon take me away!" 
For those of you who don't know what Calgon is here is an old old commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KJoSsC9sCs&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment